The Pharos 308nm Excimer is one of the leaders in the laser treatment industry. It is an extremely versatile piece of equipment and can handle a number of issues. PHAROS excimer lasers are xenon chloride (XeCl) lasers that deliver concentrated, high-dose monochromatic 308nm UVB phototherapy directly to psoriatic and depigmented lesions limiting exposure to surrounding healthy tissue. Unlike conventional UVB systems that emit wavelengths from 290 to 320nm, PHAROS excimer lasers deliver only monochromatic 308nm, an efficacious wavelength for treatingconditions such as:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- And many others!
The Pharos Excimer delivers only a 308nm UVB, one of the most efficient laser wavelength used for maximum T-Cell apoptosis, used in “targeted cell death” of certain white blood cells that may be causing hyperproliferation of skin cells that make up psoriatic plaques, and overwhelming cause of psoriasis.
The Pharos 308nm Excimer has a one of a kind integrated, fully adjustable iris which enables an extremely precise targeted treatment of only the psoriasis and is able to full protect the health skin from laser exposure and prevent it from undergoing any accidental cell death.
Dosing – Each individual lesion is easily treated with the maximum efficacious dose at each treatment session for rapid, and maximum plaque reduction.
Benefits of the Pharos 308nm Excimer
- Fewer sessions, can clear in about 1/3 the number of treatments as other UVB treatments
- Non-systemic – Suppresses the immune system only in the localized treatment area instead of the patient’s entire body.
- Works for all ages skin types and colors!
- Painless – Non-thermal, laser phototherapy light delivers clearance with no discomfort during treatment and no post-treatment downtime!
- Fast – Treatment sessions take only minutes and most patients see improvement in 10 or fewer sessions, averaging 14-16 sessions for significant clearance.
- One of the most Powerful lasers used in treatment today.
- Safe – Shallow penetration of the 308-nm to only the basal layer means no intraocular eye shields are needed, even for treating periorbital areas and directly on eyelids. In the treatment of certain issues such as Vitiligo.